Looking for a specific film review? CLICK BELOW

0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z / Trailers / DVD Store


March 1, 2009
Movie Trailer: Watchmen (TV Spots)
Watchmen hits screens this week. Readers of my site already know I'm very interested in seeing it. I think Zack Synder is a fantastic designer and a pretty good director. Visually this will be a great treat. Content wise...well...I already know I can't recommend this film just based on the original comic book, err graphic novel. Even though I've see TV spots end with the tagline "The world needs its heroes back", seen below, this is not a typical superhero movie. It's superhero as bedwetting liberal. Alan Moore the author of the original comic book, err graphic novel, "deconstructed" - meaning for the average person that he made it into yet another leftist whine fest about how sucky the world is and took all of the fun out it. Instead of having people doing heroic deeds you get a naked blue guy dismissing humanity and a psychotic who shoots a pregnant woman in the stomach (the scene is partially shown in the trailer below). Don't believe the ads, this is not just another The Dark Knight. This is going to be an amoral bog of pseudo-intellectual navel gazing - which is why I'm excited to see it. I have a sick fascination with stupid liberal claptrap and this just may its Citizen Kane. It will be interesting to see the reaction of people who have no idea about the comic book, err graphic novel. They'll be going in expecting Batman and their going to get that cranky "I hate my mom" art student dressed in tights and a mask.








Screenwriters: David Hayter (X-Men) and Alex Tse
Director: Zack Snyder (300)
Actors: Jeffrey Dean Morgan (Kabluey), Malin Akerman (Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle), Billy Crudup (Big Fish), Jackie Earle Haley (Semi-Pro), Patrick Wilson (Hard Candy), and Matt Frewer





Labels: , , ,



Share






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home