Looking for a specific film review? CLICK BELOW

0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z / Trailers / DVD Store


December 7, 2009
Frozen River (2008)
Should I see it?
Absolutely not.



Two single mothers, one white (Melissa Leo) and one Mohawk Indian (Misty Upham), needing money, smuggle illegal aliens across the frozen St. Lawrence River. The film is a long, bitter display of how rough it is being broke and without options. Melissa Leo is a great casting decision, she is perfect to give life to her dismal character.

This is a toneless, indie flick about how rough things are. It doesn't offer any answers. It doesn't serve to inspire. It just mopes and whines and then ends.

I don't know about you, but I usually have better things to do than sitting around watching depressing, albeit well-acted, movies such as this. If I want to see the desperation of blue-collar rough-trade, I'll head downtown to my local bar.


Related Reviews:
Other needless depressing indie flicks
Eulogy (2004)
Tarnation (2003)


Other Critic’s Reviews:
Reel Film
Roger Ebert

Labels: , , , ,



Share






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home