Looking for a specific film review? CLICK BELOW

0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z / Trailers / DVD Store


May 1, 2009
Movie Trailer: Is Anybody There?
This looks like it could be great. The premise is simple but effective, a morose boy, Edward (Bill Milner) lives in an old folks home that his parents run. The cranky new arrival, and former magician, Clarence (Michael Caine), takes the kid under his wing.

Based on what I see in the clip below, this seems to be well-written, at least the dialog is good in the scene. We'll see the worldview it presents. Most likely, this will be an existential yarn, but you never know.

I'm looking forward to seeing if this will be any good.
Screenwriter: Peter Harness
Director: John Crowley (Boy A)
Actors: Michael Caine (The Man Who Would Be King), Bill Milner and Thelma Barlow




Labels: , ,



Share






1 Comments:

Anonymous Joi said...

I got to see an advance copy of this movie for my job. I enjoyed it quite a lot, though I'll confess that I tend to enjoy anything that lets me watch Michael Caine! Seriously though, I felt Caine gave a good performance, though a heart-breaking one. Definitely existential, but still worth a watch.

May 1, 2009 at 2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home