Looking for a specific film review? CLICK BELOW

0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z / Trailers / DVD Store


February 7, 2009
Movie Trailer: Year One
The writers Gene Stupnitsky and Lee Eisenberg pen The Office and Harold Ramis (Caddyshack and Ghostbusters) have the goods and I can't see how they're going to write a bad script. I have to say that having Jack Black and Michael Cera on point is not a good sign. Both of them are moderate talents well hyped beyond their skills. They're in the business because they're easily identifable types not because they're great comedic treasures. Neither have done any projects that have any real staying power. I fear this means this will be disposable as well. I guess we can hope this will be more than just a series of butt jokes and awkward cultural references.



Return to the movie trailers page


Screenwriters: Gene Stupnitsky, Lee Eisenberg and Harold Ramis (Ghostbusters)
Director:
Harold Ramis (Bedazzled)
Actors: Jack Black (Be Kind Rewind) and Michael Cera (Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist)

Labels: , , , , ,



Share






1 Comments:

Anonymous Darrell said...

Cera's one-note performances haven't worn thin on me quite yet; I'd say he's on minute 14. He may get one more movie out of me just for the wig. Then again, the mere presence of Jack Black is enough to kill any interest I might have in the movie. Jack Black is the most annoying actor of this or any other generation. And talk about one-note; Chris Tucker is a subtle and versatile artist compared to Jack Black. You're right, this movie has credentials ... but at this point who thinks it's a good idea to cast Nacho Libre in the lead? I almost hope it tanks just so somebody gets fired.

February 7, 2009 at 7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home