Looking for a specific film review? CLICK BELOW

0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z / Trailers / DVD Store


October 4, 2009
...as I was saying
I am back. My first post back? All about me. Me, me, me, more me now.

Thank you to everyone who wrote letting me know what you missed my site. I will begin posting once again this week. Starting out I probably won't do too much as I get back into the swing of things and reestablish my routine. If I know myself however, I will have multiple posts up before too long.

As I begin rebuilding my post schedule and how I do things around here, I would like to ask my remaining readers for their input. What would you like to see on the site (other than proper grammar)? More reviews? More trailers? More film news? Commentary? Do you want the Carnival of Cinema back? Leave a comment or email me at carnvialofcinema (at sign) gmail dot com

This summer has been very productive. I have spent lots of time with my wife and kids (celebrating my 18th wedding anniversary tomorrow). I worked on my garden and had a huge harvest. I also managed to finish up my book. It has been a mostly relaxing time and I am very happy I decided to back away for a while.

Regarding the book, I am putting the final touches on things right now and expect a release in early January (we'll see). It is titled You Are What You See: Watching Film Through a Christian Lens and it offers a Biblical approach to movies and makes the argument not for cultural engagement by Christians, but for cultural renovation. I will give more news as I have it on the book front. I do know I will be starting up a new site http://www.youarewhatyousee.com and will have some other things I will be doing to to support the book. If you know of anyone who is any good at setting sites up and works cheap, let me know (email above).

Again, thanks to everyone for their kind words and messages encouraging me to return over the past few months. I do appreciate them.

Now, on with the bad grammar and under-educated cynicism

Labels: ,



Share






3 Comments:

Anonymous Robert M. Lindsey said...

Glad to see you back, glad to hear you had a good summer.

I'd like to see good grammar (j/k).

I rarely pay attention to the trailers. Reviews and commentary are what I come here for. Just FYI.

Can't wait for the book.

October 4, 2009 at 1:33 PM  
Anonymous EegahInc said...

Looking forward to the book also, but glad to have you blogging again.

October 4, 2009 at 7:36 PM  
Anonymous Joi said...

So glad to see you back!

I vote for more reviews, more commentary!

October 5, 2009 at 1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home