Looking for a specific film review? CLICK BELOW

0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z / Trailers / DVD Store


December 12, 2009
Movie Trailer: Saint John of Las Vegas
Whoa, when did Steve Buscemi's corpse start getting starring roles in movies?

This trailer offers no reason to bother seeing this movie. What? Sarah Silverman has a supporting role? What? It has Peter Dinklage spewing foul lines? What? It has quirky, ironic humor?

From what I see here, its not fair to say this film is being released but being dumped.

I could be wrong.* This could be the greatest film ever made. Time will tell.




Return to the movie trailers page


Screenwriter: Hue Rhodes (Tower of Babel)
Director: Hue Rhodes (Practice)
Actors: Steve Buscemi (Reservoir Dogs), Sarah Silverman (The Way of the Gun), Romany Malco (The Love Guru), Peter Dinklage (In Bruges), Tim Blake Nelson (O'Brother Where Art Thou?) and John Cho (Star Trek)



* - I'm almost never wrong about these things.

Labels: , , , , , , ,



Share






4 Comments:

Anonymous Hue Rhodes said...

Hi, I'm Hue Rhodes, the writer/director of Saint John of Las Vegas. Film reactions are visceral, so I can't argue with your instinct. Given how you felt, I appreciate that you posted the trailer anyway to give your readers a chance to watch it themselves.

Best,

Hue Rhodes
@huerhodes (twitter)
www.huerhodes.com

December 12, 2009 at 8:00 PM  
Anonymous Scott Nehring said...

Hue, my readers know that if my reaction to the trailer is wrong I will post my retraction in the exact same place I put my criticism.

As I said, your trailer isn't doing you any favors. It doesn't set your production apart.

I'm a fan of both Buscemi and Dinklage and hope I have a retraction in my future.

Best of luck

December 12, 2009 at 8:09 PM  
Anonymous Ida said...

It's people like you who make people hate Christians. You're negative and insulting and don't back up anything you say. Steve Buscemi's corpse? What the hell is wrong with you?

Shows how much you know. Steve Buscemi has had MANY starring roles especially in Independent Films like this one here. He has been known as "The Indie King" for years now.

The movie looks like a blast and a great addition to Buscemi's filmography. I don't know how widely it is being released, but I certainly hope it will come to a theater near me for I will certainly be going to see it.

December 14, 2009 at 1:00 PM  
Anonymous Scott Nehring said...

A post criticizing a movie trailer is enough to get you to hate the expanse of Christendom? You may want to raise the bar a little.

Am I to believe your definition of a proper Christian is to avoid offending you? Of course, all Christians need to be mousy, well mannered wilting flowers who never say anything assertive or negative...just like Jesus...oh wait, that's right, He didn't act that way.

If you're not a Christian where do you get off trying to tell me how to walk in my faith? If you are a Christian then how do you square your negative and insulting comment?

The reference to Steve Buscemi's corpse is intended to point out that he is not shot well from what is shown in the trailer. Obviously, he's not George Clooney, but the man still has a great stage face. Here he looks pale, and shriveled. There's intentionally making an actor look displeasing but something tells me it wasn't intentional here.

December 14, 2009 at 5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home