Looking for a specific film review? CLICK BELOW

0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z / Trailers / DVD Store


December 18, 2009
Movie Trailer: Iron Man 2
I loved the Iron Man comic books as a kid. I enjoyed the stupid Iron Man movie against my better judgment as an adult. I love the character, I'm probably not the best person to offer an opinion here, but I will because this is my site and you can't stop me.

This looks very good. The trailer as a piece of advertising is strong and hits all the right points. The image of Whiplash snapping his whips as he walks toward Stark is a very sellable moment. Personally, I like Stark telling a politician to take a leap because his property is HIS PROPERTY and not to be distributed to "the American people". I sense a libertarian streak.

Any excitement I have is undercut by the knowledge that Justin Theroux penned the script. Theroux is responsible for Tropic Thunder, a complete hack job that trades in mocking the mentally disabled and cannibalism. Hopefully, Theroux actually put some effort behind this work.




Return to the movie trailers page





Screenwriter: Justin Theroux (Tropic Thunder)
Director: Jon Favreau (Zathura: A Space Adventure)
Actors: Robert Downey Jr. (Chaplin), Mickey Rourke (The Wrestler), Gwyneth Paltrow (Shakespeare in Love), Scarlett Johansson (The Island), Don Cheadle (Ocean's 11), Sam Rockwell (Moon), Samuel L. Jackson (Snakes on a Plane), Paul Bettany (The Da Vinci Code), Kate Mara (Transibberian), Jon Favreau (Swingers) and Garry Shandling (What Planet Are You From?) and Olivia Munn




Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,



Share






1 Comments:

Anonymous Joi said...

I cannot WAIT to see this film. Iron Man was one of my favorite films of 2008, I thought it was pretty much the perfect brainlessly fun movie. Here's hoping the second one is at least as much fun!

December 18, 2009 at 9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home