Looking for a specific film review? CLICK BELOW

0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z / Trailers / DVD Store


February 13, 2009
The Aviator (2004)
Should I see it?
Yes.


Short Review:
A great movie, although it made me wonder how clean my hands are. Germs - all I see is germs!


The Aviator

I doubt I am the only who thought when the film cutie-pie Leonardo DiCaprio stepped on screen for the first time “What the heck, this guy is Howard Hughes?” I have to admit he pulls it off. DiCaprio's Hughes is a driven and deeply pained man. DiCaprio, along with director Martin Scorsese, express the fright and frustration that come with mental illness. To show this through a genius who lived a life of adventure and innovation is a tough job but they are up to the task. Opposite DiCaprio is Cate Blachett in a very strong performance as Katherine Hepburn. Even if everything else in the film were horrible, her performance would still make it worth seeing.

The film is not flawless. Like many of Scorsese's work, it goes on far too long. To be fair, in this instance, I don’t see how Scorsese could have cut it back. This is a grand film about a very big personality. It has the scope it needs to tell the story. This is more than worth the rental. This one is good enough to own.


Related Reviews:
Leonardo DiCaprio movies
This Boy's Life (1993)
The Departed (2006)


Other Critic's Reviews:
The Austin Chronicle
Goatdog's Movies



Labels: , , , , ,



Share






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home